Jewelry is one of our most intimate and loved accessories. Understanding the composition of your jewelry pieces and how to care for them can make all the difference in maintaining it’s natural beauty therefore turning them into heirlooms.
General Jewelry Care:
- When you’re not wearing your sterling silver pieces, keep them in an air-tight ziploc bag inside your AARYAH pouch to prevent tarnishing
- Remove your jewelry before washing your hands, swimming or applying body care products such as perfume, hairspray, soaps and lotions as this could harm the metal, cause discoloration and loss of crystal brilliance
- Keep your jewelry away from any type of liquid/water or super humid places, as sterling silver is water sensitive. The more exposed it is to water, the faster it will tarnish
- Remember to put on your jewelry last when dressing, and take off first when undressing
Oxidized Sterling Silver Care:
Oxidized sterling silver will continue to naturally oxidize over time. To remove some of the tarnish, we recommend using a silver polishing cloth to clean your piece. We like to use the Town Talk Polishing cloth or you can purchase something similar online
The oils from your skin actually help keep the silver from oxidizing, so wear your piece as often as possible
- For Sterling Silver pieces with stones, do not use apply or dip your piece in any harsh chemicals as that can damage the natural stones
High Shine Sterling Silver Care:
- Our high shine sterling silver pieces have a reflective finish which gives them extra shine. Over time, the high shine finish will wear off, exposing the oxidized sterling silver underneath. Some people actually like the look of the silver but for those that want to restore the high shine, in most cases your piece can be polished again. To learn more e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can share our repair policy and fees.
- Keep your high shine sterling silver pieces separate from your other jewelry
- Silver tarnishes rapidly when exposed to certain substances in our everyday lives so we recommend caring for, wearing and storing your jewelry as mentioned above.
Real GOLD Jewelry CARE (10KT, 14KT, 18KT GOLD):
We occasionally make jewelry in 10KT, 14KT gold and 18KT. Gold is a beautiful, valuable and long lasting metal but by nature it's a softer and more delicate metal.
- Remove your jewelry before exercising or swimming
- Wipe down your piece after wearing with a dry, soft cloth and store it separately from your other jewelry to avoid scratching
Gold vermeil is not to be confused with regular gold plating. Vermeil is a thicker and a more durable layer of gold that gives your piece their long lasting gold color. Over time, the plating will wear and is a normal and accepted occurrence on plated jewelry, even vermeil jewelry. However it won’t wear as quickly as regular gold plating as the plating is much thicker and meant for pieces that are in constant contact with our skin.
GOLD PLATING - CUSTOM NAME NECKLACE:
We gold plate all of our custom name necklaces to create the gold finish. Over time, the plating will wear and is a normal and accepted occurrence on plated jewelry. Please follow the general jewelry care instructions when handling our name pieces. We offer a re-dipping service that will restore the gold plating on your pieces. Please contact us at email@example.com to learn more.
We use natural and genuine gemstones in all of our AARYAH pieces as we value the beautiful shapes and colors that our earth has created. Natural gemstones however are very sensitive and don’t react well to hard surfaces and chemicals
Since many natural gemstones can be quite delicate, hot water, harsh chemicals and cleaners should be avoided at all times
Avoid contact with harsh, abrasive materials or glass cleaners and try to avoid leaving your pieces out in the sun as that alters the color of the stones
Clean your gemstones with a clean, soft, damp untreated cloth after wearing
Do not use tissue paper or paper towels to clean gemstones as they can cause scratching
For more information on our repairs & warranty, please click here.